We are committed to keeping your personal data safe. We’ll always treat your personal data with respect and design our products and services with your privacy in mind.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal data to us, you consent to its processing as outlined below. When providing personal data about others, you confirm that you have their consent to supply their personal data. We can’t offer you any product or service that requires the processing of special category personal data, unless you provide explicit consent for its collection and use.
We collect personal data, and may collect special category personal data, as part of providing services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails or other communications in accordance with the law.
It’s important that you check that the personal data you provide is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading. Failure to do so may affect the services we can provide.
What happens when the data is collected?
We’ll collect your personal data when:
- You request a quote for any service available through our website
- You make a purchase from a third-party provider following a quote using our service
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
We’ll use your data in the following ways:
- Processing quotes for our products and services
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Credit scoring
- Processing and administering your rewards
- Verifying your identity when required
- Undertaking market research, statistical analysis and product development
- Tracking and verifying sales with our insurance partners and third-party providers
- Keeping you informed about promotions and new developments. This could be by email, social media or where we’re legally permitted to do so and you’ve not asked us to stop keeping you up to date
- For assessment and analysis so we can review, develop and improve our services
- We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerized technology to profile you, such as assessing which products might be of interest to you.
We endeavor to treat your personal data as private and confidential. From time to time we may employ agents and subcontractors to process your personal data on our behalf. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to them and all processing will be carried out under our instruction.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose data in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal data, to the relevant ombudsman. Be assured that they are similarly obliged to adhere to the requirements of the GDPR and keep your personal data strictly confidential.
Please note that we and our suppliers may make a number of checks to assess an application for the purposes of fraud prevention.